Why we need your information:
We need to collect club/venue personnel contact details so that we can process and manage information sent to clubs/venues. We will only use club contact details/ information to:
- Record keeping of main registered club contact details
- Send your club/venue communications in relation to essential aspects of county related activities, events, annual general meetings.
- We will only use your details to help personalise communications.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give to us.
- This information will not be shared with third parties
Please let the Suffolk County Secretary know if your contact details change so that we can keep our records up-to-date.
We have a legal obligation to process some of the personal information held on e.g. coaches and volunteers to ensure we meet all the requirements of safeguarding
Collection of details
We process our club/venue personal contact details in pursuit of our legitimate interests to promote and encourage participation in tennis for all ages and abilities by:
- Sending communications to club/venues for upcoming competitions, events and opportunities for the club by e-mail
- Filming and photographing club events and activities for use on social media the club website leaflets and posters.
- Ensuring team captains and competition organisers have relevant information for matches/events
- To any governing body or regional bodies for tennis covered by our association: to allow us to properly administer tennis on a local, regional and national level
Security and Confidentiality
We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
We will not share your information with any third-party supplier who is not involved in the above activities nor will we publish photographs if you have indicated your wish for no photographs. Suffolk Lawn Tennis Association does not share information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Access and Correction Rights
You can request access to and can update and amend your personal information and you can exercise any other rights you enjoy under applicable data protection laws, including, for example, objection to and blocking of the processing of your personal information, by contacting us – for security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to
authenticate your identity before providing access to your personal information.
Retention of data
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data for membership (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of one year following your resignation of as your club main contact after which time it will be destroyed. The information we use for marketing purposes will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. More information on our retention policy can be gained from the County Secretary.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please email the Suffolk LTA County Secretary and Data Protection Officer, Sheelagh Watts firstname.lastname@example.org who can be contacted by: Telephone: 01473 251144. Further information about Data Protection can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office at the ICO web site www.ico.org.uk.
Prepared and managed by Suffolk LTA Management Committee 22.05.2018